Saturday, July 18, 2009

For He knows...

Then, there's this calm and peace that comes over you and you realise that life doesn't have to be an emotional rollercoaster. Its true that there is always that little familiar jerk at the start of a ride, that one alter call or revelation that sermon that left you so convicted, that little jerk that kept the momentum of your life going...

Today, I went to another Manifest rally. To be honest I went there somewhat expecting to be blown away by the amazing worship or the speaker or whatsoever. The thing is, that I didnt.. The thing is, that a calm and a peace fell over me instead. Peace, because I had that reassuring feeling that God did not and does not change, and even if you come to him in cries or if you come to him in calmness and quietness, He still gets it.... Whatever it may be....
If you're feeling like you've lost hope, like theres no way out, like you don't feel loved or if you don't love, if you cannot forgive, if you need an answer, if you need a prayer or a hug, and even if you are happy beyond words..... he still gets it.

And lets face it, our intellectual mortal minds can only go so far in fully grasping how great He is and His love is and sometimes we try to bring a song but thats not even required for Him to know what you need and thats why I'm here and thats why I'm still so in love with my Saviour.

1 comment:

sarah said...

um, best. and not just best cause we say it all the time, but because i totally and utterly feel the same way.

that peace. that calmness. how great is our God?