Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tickled, me Elmo

I just spent a whole half an hour chatting to my mom on facebook chat. Did that line just completely stun you? Well, its true and the odd thing is that it felt exactly like I was talking to one of my peers but with added 'manja-ness' on my part. Teehee

Since I've been away email ,text messages and now instant messaging have been very useful means of contact between us. How funny it is to hear from your mom in a total different 'voice' chatting to me as if she was one of us. Sometimes she even adds some short forms like 'bek' and 'gotta'. It is so entertaining.

I also forgot how incredibly humourous and totally lame my parents can be. Just yesterday I got an email from dad telling me about how he was humiliated by a bunch of old ladies when he lost to them on the tennis court that afternoon. Then, in true dad fashion he proceeded to blame the 'wind', his tennis elbow, the lawn court and everything else. I told him he might as well have said there was an earthquake. But the jokes don't end there, today he ended an email to me with 'Kungfu Power' ..... hmmmm.

Mom also doesn't hold back on her funny side in the internet world . Today I received a facebook message from her. Look at what it said.

Hwee Chin Siew (dad using mum's)
December 10 at 7:13pm
uncle koh tat kim came and visit us today going to ocean drive tomorrowmummy just lost her voice - gesturing in the clinic sign language can be effective

Jane Lee
December 10 at 7:19pm
hhehe. sign language. why lost voice karaoke kah. tsk tsk. did u get my sms daddy?

Hwee Chin Siew (mum)
Today at 2:39pm
every patient ask me to see a doctor .i will look at the mirror. lost my voice when there are no kids to 'grrr' at.

I think I can expect more funny to come out of them in the next weeks. hehe, I have funny bones in my genes and am very proud of it. Love love. :)

For now, pineapple tarts =yum

No comments: