Thursday, September 18, 2008

Gone, like tomorrow will be, gone

Gone, like tommorow will be, gone
Like a duck that which has, drowned
Like standing in the son
Like knowing you're my 'Nice Guy'
Gone, like Davo' will be gone,
Helping out when somethings wrong,
To step out and be strong,
and a birthday and a song....
We're gonna pretend like we're forever, we're forever..

Gone, like today is, gone,
My highschool dreams are found,
and this love will keep us strong,
Just try to prove me wrong,
Life is a day that doesn't last for long.




Gone, like yesterday is gone,
Like history is gone,
The world keeps spinning on,
Your going going gone,
Like summer break is gone,
Like saturday is gone
Just try to prove me wrong
You pretend like your immortal your immortal

We are not infinite
We are not permanent
Nothing is immediate
We're so confident
In our accomplishments
Look at our decadence

Gone, like Frank Sinatra
Like Elvis and his mom
Like AL Pacino's cash nothing lasts in this life
My highschool dreams are gone
My childhood sweets are gone
Life is a day that doesn't last for long

-Gone by Switchfoot-

No comments: